Conceived in a dressing room that fateful afternoon to the lupine teenager Scott Howard and an aspiring actress named Pamela Wells, we are the illegitimate, though extremely proud, Sons of Teen Wolf. And this is our movie blog.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Welcome to Sons of Teen Wolf

...a place where we can talk about movies. All movies, not just TW! I want to start by saying this blog is not meant to be a polished, scholarly work of film reviews...it's really just letting a bunch of us speak our mind about cinema stuff. The only qualification for a movie to be commented or featured upon here is that it has to be a movie. In other words, it doesn't matter if it's Schindler's List or Killer Klowns from Outer Space, as long as it's a movie, it belongs here!!



Orson Welles as Harry Lime in "The Third Man"

I feel a bit of trepidation in starting this blog and writing again; it's been quite some time since I've seriously maintained a blog. But as one of my professors once said "you should write everyday. It doesn't matter what you write, so long as you're writing" and I'm going to take that advice. Since eventually I need to write a thesis in an unrelated field, this blog may serve a purpose by keeping the juices flowing.



Steve Martin as Neal Page and John Candy as Del Griffith in "Planes, Trains & Automobiles"

So that being said I want to mention that many of my reviews and comments will not be polished, i.e. when I'm writing papers for class I am so very anal in making sure it's perfect; I go over it again and again. This blog will serve a different purpose. The writings will be more relaxed, perhaps flow of consciousness, perhaps right from the gut. I may get on a soapbox about Michael Bay and blast him all to hell for being a hack so be prepared for some venom too. I may also, on occasion, just be flat out wrong or in the minority about a movie and I hope you will give it to me when warranted. Like I may give Wall-E only 2 stars out of 5, and well if that's my opinion then that's what I'll write and it's a free country so you have every right to agree or disagree with me.



Robert DeNiro as Travis Bickle in "Taxi Driver"

Finally, one of the catalysts for finally starting this blog is my recent purchase of some entertainment wares which have made me a very, very happy man. I bought a 42" Panasonic plasma, a nice tv stand which lifts it up a bit, and a ps3 for Blu-Ray capability. Combine that with the surround system I already had, and the fact that my apartment can get very dark in a moment's notice, and let's just say I'm in cinematic heaven. So I have an ideal place to watch movies, and since I'm being furloughed by my job every so often, I just may have the time to write about it!! Ok, that's about it...happy blogging and welcome to Sons of Teen Wolf!



Michael J. Fox as Teen Wolf in "Teen Wolf"

No comments: